Gymnastics with varicose veins of the lower extremities is to improve the condition of the veins, performing simple exercises
Varicose veins called a stable extension and elongation of the veins, followed by a thinning of their walls and formation of so-called nodes. The reason for this phenomenon lies in the serious pathology of the vein walls and failure of their valves.
This disease is rather widespread, and it occurs more often in women. Often varicose veins begin in the working age – around thirty-forty years.
The main risk factor for the development of this disease is an inactive lifestyle.
The use of therapeutic exercises
The benefit of therapeutic exercise for varicose veins is difficult to overestimate. Special exercises allows you to:
- to improve venous and lymphatic flow;
- to improve physical endurance;
- to normalize the arterial inflow;
- to improve the tone of veins;
- to improve peripheral circulation.
If neglected medical gymnastics at varicose veins of the legs, it will cause the stagnation of blood in the affected vessels, in addition, will increase the pressure.
In turn, this will lead to the accumulation of water in the area of the ankles, feet, lower parts of the legs, which often exacerbates pain.
Features of physical activity
Especially exercise with varicose veins of the legs to move a little in everyday life.
The simplest exercise is walking.
People suffering from this disorder have to go every day. In addition, it is possible to ride a bike. It is useful to swim.
Not all know that not every exercise is useful in varicose veins. What sport with varicose veins is useful and what is harmful?
Surgery to remove varicose veins is often the only solution. We will advise you what type of surgery to choose in a particular case.
There's a special medical gymnastics at varicose veins of the legs. To perform this exercise most effective, you need to follow the following rules:
- people who have a sedentary job, at least every hour to do five minutes warm-up;
- it is important to monitor posture, it is not recommended to lay the legs;
- charging should be given 15-30 minutes per day;
- throughout the day you need to do a few repetitions.
A set of exercises
Professionals phlebologist is recommended to do special exercises against varicose veins every morning and evening, giving them about 15-30 minutes.
Thus to the point of exhaustion to bring themselves impossible, because each person has its own limit of physical possibilities.
Is enough continuous exercise for five minutes, it is recommended to take breaks. If a feeling of fatigue, it is better to postpone the lesson.
The main complex of exercises for all types of disease
These exercises will fit with varicose veins of the lower and upper extremities, with varicose veins of small pelvis and other diseases:
- Lie on your back, bend the leg, pulling it to his chest. Then straighten up, to fix it for a few seconds and lower down. The same exercise for the second leg.
- Lie down, legs bent and lifted upwards. To straighten them, hold for a second, again to bend and return to its original position.
- Lie down, raise legs up and feet to produce rotary motion, this must be done outside and inside. You can then bend and straighten the fingers and feet.
- To sit on a chair, heels to rest on the floor. Moving toes in different directions. Do 15-20 times.
- Lie on belly, hands on thighs. Turns to raise each leg as high as possible. At the highest point for a few seconds to linger, and then return to the scene. To do 8-10 reps.
- Exercise "swallow". Stand up straight, hands lower along the body. Inhale, hands to lift up, then to stand on tiptoe. On the exhale, make a pose of a swallow. Perform the exercise for 15-20 times.
- To roll from heel to toe, shifting in his body weight. Do 15-20 repetitions.
- Within 15 minutes to do the walk on their heels, socks, high lifting hips.
Exercises for the legs
Gymnastics with varicose veins of the lower extremities includes the following exercises:
- Unloading of leg veins. You need to lie down, close your eyes and relax as much as possible, it is necessary deeply and evenly breathe. Under the foot you should put some pillows – this will allow them to lift at 15-20 degrees.
- Lie down, bend your legs, the foot place on the floor. Put your hands on your hips. Gradually inhale, raise your head and body. The hands should slide toward the knees. Making a slow exhale, return to original position.
- Lie down, hands placed along the body, legs raised to 15-20 degrees and clamp between them a small pillow. Slowly inhale, bend at the waist, and buttocks you need to pull from the floor. Slowly exhaling, return to original position.
- Lie down, arms placed along the trunk. Feet to bend and gradually exhaling, pull the stomach. On the inhale inflate the abdomen.
- Put your feet together, hands placed along the body. Take a deep breath, slowly rise on toes, exhale and return to original position.
Regularly performing special exercises for the lower extremities will reduce the symptoms of venous insufficiency to stop the disease and reduce the risk of developing dangerous complications.
A set of exercises for the upper extremities
To reduce the appearance of varicose veins of the upper limbs, you should perform simple exercises:
- Lie on your back, under the neck put a pillow. Raise the arms and legs perpendicular to body, feet to pull. Breathe evenly and deeply. After that vibrate the hands and feet for 3 minutes.
- Hands cross at the back. Slowly rotate the body to both sides. To do 20 repetitions.
- Arms stretched forward, clenched fists. To unclench palms, wide spreading the fingers. To do 20 repetitions.
- Squeeze your left wrist with your right. Raise left arm as high as possible, while the right need to resist. Repeat 20 times. Then raise the arms up, lock them in this position for 20 seconds. Repeat the exercise for the second hand.
- Raise the arms above the head, to compress and decompress fists. To do 80 repetitions. To give up and to do the same.
The complex of exercises for the pelvic organs
If varicose veins have affected the pelvic organs, it is recommended to perform the following exercises:
- The exercise "Bicycle". You should lie on your back and legs to imitate riding a bike. The back and loins should be pressed to the floor.
- Exercise "scissors". Lie on your back, arms stretched along the body. To do skew movement in vertical and horizontal position.
- Exercise "birch". Lie on your back, lean on my back leg to lift high and hold to fatigue. If desired, you can slightly complicate this exercise: it is possible to add flexion and extension at the knees.
- Floor squats. Stand straight, feet spread shoulder width 30-40 cm Slowly sit down, this is not to fall below the knee level. For just a second you should stay in this position, then slowly return. Make 10-15 repetitions.
- Sit on the floor, hands to place the back and lean them against the floor to stretch my legs. Right leg bent at the knee, put a foot near the left knee. To raise and lower the left leg. Make 10-15 repetitions.
To the treatment of varicose veins as effective as possible, throughout the day, you can perform additional exercises:
- Stand up straight, to put the foot straight. Rise on the toes and slowly sink down. Do 20-30 reps. Socks breed apart, put heels together and again to do 20-30 lifts. The same procedure needs to be done with divorced heels and socks together.
- You need to walk on the spot, without taking socks from the floor.
- Legs put together, hands along a trunk. Making slow breath, take the shoulders back. On the exhale you need to relax and tilt your head forward.
- Starting position is the same. Breathing in, raise the arms up and stand on your toes. Then on the exhale return to its original position.
- Very effective is the clenching of the buttocks. This exercise can be performed in any body position.
Exercise to prevent varicose veins
To prevent the development of varicose veins is also necessary to perform special exercises:
- Lie down, arms stretched along the body, put a straight leg on a chair. Alternately, bend the left and right foot. Do 5 repetitions for each foot.
- Lie down, arms stretched along the body. Legs to raise up and breed in different directions. Thus it is necessary to delay the toes and rotate the ankle joints to the right and to the left. Do 5-7 repetitions.
- In the same position, bend your legs and do rotational movements in the knee joints. Make 5-8 times in the right and left side.
- To rely on the shoulder, and the legs raise up as in exercise "birch". To dissolve feet in the parties. The position of the feet change . To do 4-7 reps.
- Jump on the toes 10-15 times, stand up on the foot and a few seconds later to repeat the jumps.
Additional ways to treat the disease
Of course, varicose veins are certain limitations of physical activity.
But that doesn't mean all sports when varicose veins are banned. For example, very useful to enjoy swimming, are all valid exercises that can be done while sitting or lying down.
In addition, it is possible to do yoga or Pilates.
The benefits of massage with varicose veins is to stimulate blood circulation in the affected areas.
It is desirable that this procedure was carried out by an experienced specialist.
If you decide to do it yourself, you need to remember that the touch should be as light and delicate. Do not touch the veins, that protrude more than others – it can only make the problem worse.
Diet for varicose veins is proper nutrition.
The diet must be present products that positively affect the condition of the blood vessels. Definitely need to eat foods rich in vitamin C.
In addition, the diet must be seafood, since they prevent stretching of the vessel walls.
Not less useful vegetable fibers, which ensure the normal functioning of the intestines, which is very important in varicose veins.
Contraindications to physical therapy
In this disease in any case can not overload the legs.
It is not recommended to engage in professional sports that require static exercises or major power loads.
It is categorically impossible to raise the severity.
Varicose valid only light exercises that do not cause undue stress.
Varicose veins is a rather unpleasant disease, which occurs quite often. To reduce his symptoms, it is recommended to do special exercises. It is very important that the sessions were mild and regular.