Varicose veins on the genitals: why it occurs and how it is treated
A disease such as varicose veins of the genital organs affects regardless of gender. Among women, pregnant women often suffer from varicose veins. In a word, if there are factors that negatively affect the blood flow in the pelvis, varicose veins are not excluded. The characteristic manifestations of pathology seriously interfere with a normal lifestyle. Identifying the problem at an early stage will avoid consequences.
Why does a violation occur?
There are a sufficient number of reasons due to which such a violation of the reproductive system as varicose veins develops.
Pathology can be provoked:
- genetic predisposition. Such patients should always be engaged in prevention in order to minimize the risk of an unpleasant phenomenon. You should definitely talk about the presence of such a factor to doctors, since some drugs can cause perineal veins to expand.
- bad habits. There are a lot of people who smoke. Everyone knows about the negative effects of nicotine. The venous walls remain strong thanks to vitamin C, which is destroyed by nicotine. In a person who has been fond of smoking for a long time, pathology is possible without any predisposition. And nicotine is the cause.
No less harm from excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
As a result of alcohol exposure in the venous tissues, the formation of inflammatory processes is observed.
- Wrong way of life. The expansion of blood vessels in the genitals is usually the result of daily activities. The patient is either constantly in a sitting position, or is forced to stand for a long time during work. Of course, for several days the disease will not occur, but when this situation persists for years, one should not be surprised at the appearance of pathology.
- Hormonal disruptions. On the organs of the perineum, the disease is detected in many due to hormonal imbalances. This is explained by the fact that due to certain hormones, the veins remain in good shape. There are many reasons for hormonal disruptions, but often the problem is detected during puberty or during pregnancy, as well as with the onset of menopause.
- Excess body weight. A person who has a tendency to gain weight should remember that with an increase in mass, the load on the organs also increases, in particular on those located in the small pelvis.
Injury to the genital organs and surgical intervention in the perineal region can also lead to varicose veins.
If we talk about purely male causes of the appearance of pathology, then development may be associated with:
- overdistension of the bladder;
- trauma of the genital organ;
- promiscuous sexual intercourse;
- the use of erection aids.
If a woman suffers from a venous lesion, the disease manifests itself in the form of:
- swelling of the labia;
- swelling of the veins (there are many randomly intertwined nodules);
- the formation of screeds and spider veins on the mucous membrane and skin;
- dry skin in the perineum and its irritation;
- itchy, numb, or painful sensations;
- burning or discomfort;
- dysuric disorders.
The listed signs tend to increase during sexual contact, after physical exertion and going to the toilet.
The patient usually complains of aching pain radiating to the sacrum and perineum. Negative symptoms worsen the psychological state. The mood deteriorates, irritability increases.
At the initial stage, a small nodule occurs without any clinical manifestations. Over time, the number of nodules increases. Their sizes also change. Such formations do not allow normal sitting, walking and sexual activity.
On palpation, you can feel the presence of venous nodules and bumps, which gradually increase. There is pigmentation of the skin area that is affected.
A common ailment in men is varicocele, in which the veins of the testicles expand. Initially, blood flow is disturbed in the scrotum. After the stagnation of blood occurs, it begins to accumulate, while the genital area increases.
This pathology can lead to infertility. Doctors recommend only surgical treatment.
With varicose veins of the penis, the patient will suffer from pain during sexual contact. Enlarged veins are found on the organ.
Possible complications in women
It is impossible to delay treatment, since pathology often turns into serious consequences.
In particular, the situation may become more complicated:
- inflammatory processes.
- Nervous tension.
Since the pathology can cause a malfunction in the functioning of the reproductive system, pregnancy can proceed with some difficulties. If the disease is started, infertility is not excluded. The loss of the ability to reproduce offspring is explained by the fact that the inflammation that affects the veins passes to the tissues of the main reproductive organ. As a result, the appearance of ulcers, foci that are infected with bacteria. The problem is solved in an operational way.
When the inflammatory process in the genitals lasts too long, the flora is disturbed, which is why infection and fungi can affect the body. Ignoring the therapy of the cause of inflammation, that is, varicose veins, provokes a deterioration in the condition. In the future, it will be quite difficult to determine what became the root cause of the disease.
If failures occur in the reproductive system, the woman's body reacts heavily to them. Thus, the nervous system begins to suffer.
Varicose veins can lead to:
- fast fatigue;
Venous expansion contributes to the occurrence of a chain reaction in which many functions are violated in turn. Even for a minor cause, the outcome can be serious.
Features of diagnosis and treatment
The diagnosis is established by a phlebologist.
The examination itself is carried out using:
- computed tomography.
The last two methods are rarely used. In addition, you will need to donate blood for analysis and an extended coagulogram.
To eliminate the disease, the doctor prescribes conservative treatment, in which patients must wear compression underwear, use creams containing an anesthetic, and use certain medicines.
In addition, there is a need for:
The last three methods of treatment are contraindicated during pregnancy.
Sclerotherapy is an injection technique that can completely eliminate altered veins. The area that is affected by the disease is cooled with air. Further introduction of a special solution contributes to the narrowing of the veins and pushing the blood. As a result, the flow stops, which prevents the formation of blood clots. Later, for 5-7 minutes, the affected area is squeezed from both sides.
Sclerotherapy is the most effective way to get rid of the problem.
You should know that it is not possible to completely recover from varicose veins. Qualified specialists will simply help to achieve relief.
As soon as the treatment course ends, the patient will need to use prophylactic drugs in order to prevent relapse:
- If there is a genetic predisposition, the gynecologist must know about it. At the same time, it is advisable to abandon the use of hormonal drugs. This also applies to contraceptives.
- Early pregnancy during the period when puberty occurs can be complicated if the girl has a high probability of sexual varicose veins. This period is characterized by active hormonal changes, so the hormones that maintain the tone of the veins may not be enough. And when pregnancy occurs, the risk of varicose veins increases even more.
- It is important to educate the younger generation about the risks that too early sexual intercourse can lead to.
- If you have bad habits, it is advisable to part with them. Various drugs in the form of tablets with patches or chewing gum will come to the rescue.
- Also, do not turn a blind eye to excess weight. Obesity does not always happen with excessive passion for food. Until the patient is engaged in the normalization of weight, the disease will not go anywhere.
It is quite possible to eliminate sexual varicose veins. Modern medicine offers many ways to quickly and painlessly get rid of the problem. The only thing is that the disease should be recognized in a timely manner, and then it will be possible to return to a normal lifestyle as soon as possible.