Effective remedies for the treatment of varicose veins in the legs
Varicose veins in the legs are a common vascular pathology that requires seeking medical help. Statistics show that both women and men suffer from varicose veins equally. The disease poses a serious danger and requires periodic treatment throughout life. Often you have to use surgical methods. The use of folk remedies as an adjuvant therapy significantly improves the condition of the veins, accelerates their recovery.
What is varicose veins
Varicose veins in the legs are a persistent expansion of a portion of a vessel. Such a pathology occurs due to the loss of elasticity of the venous walls. Translated from Latin, "varicose" means "knot", "swelling". The disease is characterized by a violation of the outflow of blood from the vessels of the lower extremities. The first alarming signs: fatigue, heaviness in the legs, swelling. Usually these symptoms appear at the end of the working day and therefore they are rarely paid attention to. Later, other manifestations appear in the form of a pronounced vascular network, venous nodes. There are cramps, pain. In men, the appearance of a rash and signs of dermatitis in the area of varicose veins is more often noted.
Varicose veins pose a danger to the health and life of the patient. The danger lies in the complications of pathology:
- Due to impaired blood flow, the trophism (nutrition) of the vessels decreases, which leads to the formation of trophic ulcers that do not heal for a long time.
- There is a high risk of blood clots that can break off and lead to blockage of the pulmonary veins. The occurrence of pulmonary thromboembolism in a matter of minutes often leads to the rapid death of the patient. In this case, the timely provision of medical care is important.
- The development of thrombophlebitis, in which a blood clot forms in superficial veins. There is a risk of a blood clot.
Reasons for the development of the disease
It is believed that varicose veins in the legs are more common in women. This view is erroneous. Varicose veins are also common in men. If in women the disease is provoked by wearing tight high-heeled shoes, tight clothes, then in men it is bad habits, heavy physical exertion, weight lifting.
Among the causes that can cause a violation of venous blood flow, the most common are:
- congenital anomalies of blood vessels and connective tissues;
- hereditary factor;
- injuries and fistulas of the lower extremities;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- taking hormonal drugs;
- overweight and obesity;
- load on the lower extremities (prolonged sitting or standing, uncomfortable shoes, bad habits, pregnancy).
Methods of treatment
Conservative treatment lasts a lifetime and consists in the periodic administration of medicines, special physiotherapy exercises. Patients should monitor their diet, exclude heavy lifting, intense running and jumping, and alcohol abuse. Smoking must be abandoned, since nicotine is dangerous for the vessels of the lower extremities. It is recommended to wear orthopedic shoes and compression stockings.
For the treatment of varicose veins in the legs, the following methods of therapy are used:
- sclerotherapy (a special drug is administered that causes sclerosis of the affected vein);
- laser therapy (destruction of the affected vein with a laser);
- hirudotherapy (medical leeches);
- drug treatment (venotonics, external agents, blood thinners);
- folk remedies.
Any actions at home must be agreed with the doctor.
Therapy with folk remedies
Starting the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies at home, the patient must understand that it is impossible to quickly get rid of the problem. The key to the success of therapy lies in an integrated approach. It is necessary to reconsider your diet, eliminating fried foods, smoked meats and fats. Medical studies have revealed the negative effect of beer in the process of outflow of blood. A healthy lifestyle is of great importance. Physical education requires prior consultation with a phlebologist. Excessive loads, just like a sedentary lifestyle, are unacceptable.
In the fight against varicose veins, the use of folk remedies is welcome.
It is necessary to start taking a remedy prepared on your own after consulting a doctor.
Apple cider vinegar is a leading folk remedy that can relieve pain, swelling and heat in the area of swollen veins. This quality is due to a set of vitamins and trace elements in the composition of the product. It is recommended to take it on an empty stomach daily: 2 teaspoons in a glass of water. You can use this mixture throughout the year. In addition to oral administration, baths and compresses are used. Wipe veins with vinegar after water procedures.
- fill the bath with cold water (approximately to the knees);
- pour in 0. 5 l of apple cider vinegar and mix.
It is enough to hold your feet in the solution for 5 minutes. After that, you need to let your feet dry naturally. This recipe is suitable if the venous nodes are located below the knee.
It is better to apply compresses before going to bed. A napkin is wetted with vinegar, applied to the affected area. Parchment paper is applied on top, then a bandage and a towel. In the prone position, the legs should be raised by 50 cm. A roller or pillow is suitable for this. The compress is left for 30 minutes. The course of treatment lasts 1-2 months.
Treatment with green tomatoes
The medicinal properties of tomatoes are due to lycopene in the composition. This substance is able to improve the elasticity of blood vessels, protect against thrombosis and lower blood pressure. In addition to the use of green tomatoes externally, those suffering from varicose veins should eat dishes with tomato paste daily. This helps to strengthen blood vessels from the inside.
For the procedure, you need to cut the tomatoes into thin circles and apply them along the diseased vein. Secure with a bandage. This compress should be left overnight. The most effective option is to use such treatment for a year with short breaks. You can conduct a three-week course with breaks of 7-10 days.
Compresses on the vein area
Compresses on the vein area can reduce pain, swelling, and a feeling of heat. They improve blood circulation and strengthen the vascular wall. It will not be possible to completely remove external defects, but you can make them less noticeable.
Effective compresses for sore veins:
- From burdock leaves. To do this, you need a burdock leaf and green woodlice. The greens are spread on the burdock and applied to the affected area of the vein, fixed with a bandage. Such a compress can not be kept for more than 2 hours. During this time, wood lice need to be changed several times for fresh.
- Compress with cabbage leaf. You will need a leaf of white cabbage, which is smeared with a thin layer of honey. The sheet is applied to the venous node and left for 2 hours. The second way: a cabbage leaf is slightly rolled out with a rolling pin, greased with vegetable oil and applied to the affected area. Fix and leave for a day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- Treatment with blue clay. Dilute the clay to the consistency of sour cream, apply along the diseased vein, wrap with several layers of gauze. Leave for 2 hours.
- Potato compress. It will need two or three raw tubers, peeled. The potatoes are finely grated, superimposed with a layer of 1 cm on the veins. The bandage is wetted in potato juice and fixes the mass. Such a compress is applied for 5 hours.
- Bodyaga lowers the temperature, soothes the veins, relieves pain. 30 g of stem-leaves should be finely chopped, pour 200 g of boiling water and keep on low heat for 15 minutes. After the decoction, you need to cool it, moisten a bandage with a warm decoction and apply it to the area of \u200b\u200bthe veins. Wrap a towel over the top and keep warm. Put your feet on a chair with a height of 50-60 cm, the duration of the procedure is 30 minutes.
- Honey compress. A layer of honey is applied to the bandage or gauze, superimposed on the area of \u200b\u200bthe nodes. From above, the leg is wrapped with a film, then a bandage is applied. The first day is left for 2 hours, then added for 1 hour and from the fourth day the compress is left all night. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks.
- Garlic gruel from cloves with a white peel (bluish is not suitable) is mixed with butter in a ratio of 1: 2. The mixture is applied at night, putting parchment and bandage on it. In the morning, wash off the mixture and put on warm clothes. Treatment continues for 1. 5-3 months.
- A compress of sour milk and wormwood relieves pain and swelling. Wormwood must be crushed and mixed with sour milk. Apply the mixture on the swollen area of the vein, wrap with parchment, wrap with a bandage and warm with a towel. During this treatment, you need to eat 2-3 sour apples in the morning and evening. The compress is applied daily for a week, left overnight. The course of procedures is 1 week per month for 3 months.
Folk remedies for oral administration
You can treat varicose veins with the following recipes for folk remedies for oral administration:
|Infusion of arnica and hazel||1 st. l. arnica and hazel bark are poured with three glasses of boiling water, insisted in a thermos for 10-12 hours||3/4 cup three times a day|
|Infusion of hop cones||A tablespoon of crushed raw materials is poured with a glass of boiling water and kept in a water bath for 15 minutes||One glass before meals|
|Honey garlic mixture||250 g of garlic slurry is mixed with 350 g of honey, insisted for two weeks||1 st. l. 30 minutes before meals|
|Nettle infusion||2 tbsp. l. nettle for 1 cup boiling water, leave for 1 hour, strain||1/4 cup three times a day. Course 2 weeks, then take a break|
|Nutmeg infusion||A teaspoon of nutmeg should be ground in a coffee grinder to a powder, pour in 1 tsp. honey, stir. Mixture pour boiling water (200 g)||Drink a glass before breakfast. Treatment is carried out from 30 days to a year|
These recipes have an analgesic effect, the ability to improve blood outflow, restore epithelial tissue.
Kalanchoe is a home doctor that can help in the treatment of many diseases. It improves blood circulation, relieves inflammation, heals ulcers. Before harvesting the leaves for making a tincture, the plant should not be watered for a week.
Neatly cut leaves of the plant are folded into a liter jar to half the volume, and 0. 5 liters of vodka or alcohol are added. The mixture needs to be infused for a week. During infusion, it must be shaken periodically. This tincture is effective for home treatment. The composition based on the plant is rubbed on the legs from the feet to the knees before going to bed. After the procedure, the legs should be wrapped. For greater effect, you can lubricate the veins after the procedure with camphor oil. You need to do this daily for 4 months. A course less than this period will not give the expected result.
Patients with varicose veins, it is important to monitor nutrition and weight. Every extra kilo adds stress to the legs. Fatty meat, fried foods, smoked meats should be excluded from the diet. You need to take care of your chair. If there are problems, it is recommended to include dried fruits, dairy products, foods rich in fiber in the diet.
Patients with varicose veins are recommended to eat:
- Seafood. Their copper content contributes to optimal protein synthesis. This makes the vessels elastic.
- Fresh vegetable salads. They only need to be filled with oil. Such dishes strengthen blood vessels.
- Seaweed, like seafood, is rich in copper and effectively prevents the thinning of capillaries.
- Kashi. At least 4 times a week must be included in the diet. Especially useful are buckwheat, rice, semolina and rye.
- Beef liver. It improves the properties of the blood.
Movement plays an important role in the treatment of varicose veins. For self-fulfillment, it is necessary to choose exercises mainly from a lying and sitting position. You can not exercise during an exacerbation.
A few simple exercises recommended for varicose veins:
- Sitting on the floor, you need to stretch your legs and rest your hands on the floor. Bend the right leg at the knee, and perform lifts with the left leg 10-15 times. The leg should be straight. Then repeat for the right leg too.
- "Bicycle" from a prone position at an average pace, 10-15 times.
- Standing, legs at a distance of 30-40 cm, do shallow semi-squats 10-15 times.
- Standing, rise on your toes, then on your heels. Repeat 10-20 times.
- From a prone position, do the exercise "birch". Promotes outflow of blood.
After doing the exercises, a contrast shower is effective.
With varicose veins, it is necessary to get rid of bad habits, eat right, observe the regime of work and rest. If the work involves standing or sitting for a long time, it is necessary to take breaks, change the position of the body. It is advisable to periodically raise your legs during the day to create an outflow.