Fast and effective treatment of varicose veins with alternative medicine
The relevance of varicose veins is extremely high: every third woman and every fourth man suffers from the disease. Varicose veins can be treated by various methods (medication, elastic compression, surgical methods), but home treatment of varicose veins is traditionally the most popular, especially in the early stages of the disease.
Means for local use
Traditional medicine has many remedies to cure varicose veins, prevent the development of its complications, relieve such unpleasant symptoms as fatigue in the legs, itching, and pain. The most common ingredients from which folk remedies for varicose veins are prepared for external use include:
- horse chestnut;
- green tomatoes;
- Golden mustache;
- onions and onion skins;
- vegetable oils (olive, linseed, sesame);
- essential oils (cypress, lemon, lavender, geranium);
- bee products (honey, propolis, subpestilence);
- turpentine baths;
- iodine solution;
- Apple vinegar;
- sea salt;
- laundry soap.
These agents can be used as monotherapy or combined in a variety of ways. To get rid of the signs of varicose veins with the help of folk remedies, you need to familiarize yourself with the most common recipes for their preparation.
Nutmeg with varicose veins has a venotonic effect, makes the vessels elastic, improves microcirculation in the tissues.
To use nutmeg for varicose veins in the legs, you need to mix 5 drops of nutmeg oil with 10 ml of linseed, sesame or other vegetable oil.
With this mixture, you can rub the skin of the legs in the direction from the feet to the groin.
Iodine solutions have powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties, improve microcirculation in tissues. You can cure varicose veins in the early stages by applying an iodine grid.
Before applying the iodine mesh, it is necessary to warm the skin, for example, with apple cider vinegar. Then, a grid with a cell size of 1 cm by 1 cm is applied with an iodine solution using a cotton swab. The grid line should not be light, but should not be dark brown. Draw such a grid should be no more than 3 times a week. The course of treatment with iodine mesh should not exceed 3 months.
Kalanchoe grows on windowsills in most homes.
Kalanchoe from varicose veins is used in the form of a tincture prepared according to this recipe:
- Kalanchoe leaves are cut, washed and finely chopped;
- two tablespoons of chopped Kalanchoe are poured with 1 glass of alcohol or vodka, put to infuse in a dark place;
- after 10 days, the tincture is filtered.
Tincture is necessary to rub the skin of the legs with varicose veins in order to normalize venous blood flow, reduce pain and improve the trophism of leg tissues.
This procedure is carried out before bed every day for 3 months.
You can treat varicose veins with tincture of aloe. Before preparing the tincture according to the recipe, you need to prepare the leaves. Fresh aloe leaves do not have an active regenerative property, so they need to be activated.
This is done by freezing aloe leaves for 1-2 days. After that, the leaves are finely chopped and fill half of the container with them. Then the container is filled to the top with vodka. Insist aloe for 7 days in a dark place, shaking every other day. Aloe tincture can be rubbed on the skin of the legs with itching and swelling.
For the treatment of varicose veins, it is useful to use essential oils (lavender, cypress, geranium, lemon, rose, dill). Essential oil for varicose veins can be used for:
- Preparation of mixtures for compresses;
To prepare a solution for a compress or massage, a simple recipe is used: 10-15 drops of essential oil are added to vegetable oil (linseed, sesame, olive). Essential oils can lubricate hemorrhoids.
Laundry soap for varicose veins
You can treat varicose veins with laundry soap, which contains substances that accelerate wound healing, strengthen capillary walls, and reduce swelling and itching.
A tincture for lotions is prepared from laundry soap according to the recipe:
- laundry soap (without bleach) grate on a fine grater;
- 10 Aspirin tablets (crushed into powder);
- 250 ml of vodka.
Pour aspirin with vodka and leave for two days to infuse. Add laundry soap to the resulting tincture, dissolve it and strain. Use as a lotion on visible varicose vessels and nodes at the end of the working day.
Application of bee products
Honey has a good regenerating and nutritional ability. There are many recipes for the preparation of ointments, lotions, infusions, tinctures, which include honey.
- According to one of these recipes, you can prepare an effective oil for varicose veins and varicose ulcers: 6 tbsp. spoons of honey mixed with 2 tbsp. tablespoons of butter until smooth, apply to inflamed areas of the legs or skin defects.
- You can cure varicose ulcers and relieve itching with propolis tincture. Propolis contains a lot of plant resins and bee saliva enzymes. It has a good wound healing effect, therefore it is successfully used in the treatment of skin manifestations of varicose veins.
- For external use, an alcohol tincture of propolis is used, prepared according to a simple recipe: pour 80 g of propolis into 300 ml of alcohol or vodka, cork and put in a dark place for 2 weeks. The mixture should be shaken daily. After insisting, the agent is filtered and used as lotions on varicose veins, eczema, dermatitis.
- You can get rid of pain in the legs with varicose veins by bee deadness. To do this, prepare an ointment from the subpestilence. Bee dead need to be ground, take 4 tbsp. spoons of subpestilence, mixed with warmed vegetable oil (olive, sesame, linseed), leave for 3 days in a cool place. Used for rubbing sore feet. Before use, the ointment must be warmed up.
Green tomatoes are cut in half and applied with a cut to an enlarged vein or a node on it. When a burning sensation appears in this place, the tomato is removed and the skin is washed with cool water. The procedure is repeated 3 more times.
Treatment of varicose veins with green tomatoes is considered effective if, after a few weeks of such a daily procedure, varicose veins and nodes turn pale and decrease.
Alcohol tincture of lilac relieves swelling on the legs and reduces pain and itching. Lilac flowers are collected, placed in a clean jar, tamped, poured with vodka or alcohol. Lilac tincture is infused for 10 days. Twice a day, a tincture of lilac flowers is rubbed on a sore leg.
Turpentine baths for varicose veins
Yellow turpentine baths will help get rid of varicose veins. The bath should be warm, but not hot. You need to take a turpentine bath, plunging into it up to half of the body. After a turpentine bath, it is advisable to lie down for about an hour. A course of 10-12 procedures of yellow turpentine baths gives a persistent venotonic effect.
Compresses with sea salt relieve pain in the legs with varicose veins and have a vascular strengthening effect. Sea salt (100 g) is dissolved in 1 liter of water to a slurry state. In this salt solution, a cloth is moistened and the sore legs are wrapped around. Keep on the feet for 30-40 minutes, then remove, wash off the salt with cool water and apply venotonic creams. You can use rock salt instead of sea salt.
Means for oral administration
You can also treat varicose veins with the help of the internal use of folk remedies. They have a vasoconstrictive effect, tone up the venous walls, relieve swelling and relieve pain.
bee products for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with honey is very effective.
- To prepare a honey balm, you need to take onion juice and honey in equal proportions, mix and insist for 3 days at room temperature, then insist in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Ready balm for 3 months take 1 tbsp. spoon a day half an hour before meals.
- You can use another recipe for varicose veins: dissolve 1 tbsp in a glass of warm water. spoon of honey and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. Drink this drink in the morning on an empty stomach every day for 1 month. Then they take a break for 10 days.
- Propolis tincture, prepared according to the same recipe as for external use, can be taken orally 20 drops per day for esophageal varicose veins. The course of treatment should be at least a month with a mandatory monthly break.
Onion peel is also used as a remedy for varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you need 2 tbsp. spoons of dry husk insist in 100 ml of alcohol or vodka for 7 days in a dark place, then strain.
Three times a day, you need to take tincture of 20 drops before meals for 2 weeks. After a 10-day break, continue treatment with onion peel tincture for another 2 weeks.
Golden mustache when ingested has an anticoagulant effect, therefore it is recommended for varicose veins. An infusion can be made from its leaves. To do this, the leaves of the golden mustache and verbena grass (15 g each) are poured with 1 cup of boiling water. Take 1 tbsp. spoon of infusion three times a day.
You can prepare the infusion according to another recipe:
- golden mustache, 4 sheets;
- lemons, 6 pieces;
- garlic, 5 cloves;
- honey, 2 cups.
Grind the components and pour honey, leave in a dark place for a week. Take 1 month, 1 teaspoon 4 times a day. Such an infusion cleans the vessels well.
Contraindications for the use of folk remedies for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies should be harmless. When choosing a method of treatment with folk remedies, it should be borne in mind that not all of them are harmless, since they have their own contraindications and side effects.
Before such treatment, you should consult with your doctor about existing concomitant diseases in which the use of a particular remedy is not recommended or prohibited. Many folk remedies, especially those taken orally, are prohibited during pregnancy and lactation.
You should also be careful for people suffering from:
- cardiovascular diseases (arterial hypertension, heart defects, arrhythmias);
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (ulcer, cholelithiasis);
- kidney pathologies (pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, urolithiasis);
- autoimmune and allergic diseases (systemic connective tissue diseases, allergic diathesis, bronchial asthma);
- diseases of the blood system (deficiency of blood factors, hemophilia);
- endocrine pathologies (diabetes mellitus, thyrotoxicosis).
Important! Many of the folk remedies for varicose veins reduce blood viscosity and clotting, so they are not recommended for women during menstruation, and who are prone to uterine bleeding.
Baths and external agents with an irritating effect are prohibited for dermatitis, eczema, skin wounds, fungal diseases of the skin and appendages. In addition, you should strictly adhere to the recipes for the preparation of funds and do not exceed the dosage, since they can be poisoned. For example, if more than 3 nutmegs are ingested per day, hallucinations may occur.
Iodine preparations are toxic, so the iodine mesh cannot be applied when:
- diseases of the thyroid gland with its hyperfunction;
- hypersensitivity to iodine;
- inflammatory skin diseases at the site of mesh application;
- during pregnancy.
Treatment of varicose veins at home can be considered relatively safe. When treating with folk methods, it must be remembered that the main thing is not to harm. Do not self-medicate, treat yourself properly! Only timely diagnosis of varicose veins and the appointment of complex treatment will help get rid of the disease or stop its progression.