Varicose veins in men
Significantly less often than in women, varicose veins develop in men. Mostly the occurrence of the disease is provoked by a hereditary predisposition. The starting factors for the appearance of pathology are considered excessive physical exertion and the abuse of alcohol-containing drinks.
Causes of varicose veins in men
The following factors can provoke varicose veins in men:
- strong physical activity;
- labor activity, involving a long stay in a standing position;
- bad habits;
- passive lifestyle;
- high blood viscosity;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- excessive body weight;
- eating a large amount of meat products.
Symptoms depending on location
Manifestations of pathology of the legs depend on the stage
At the initial stages of development, the following symptoms of varicose veins in men occur:
- heaviness in the lower extremities;
- swelling that disappears after sleep;
- violation of the sensitivity of the skin;
- appearance of the vascular network.
If the causes of varicose veins in men are not clarified, and the required therapy has not been carried out, the disease progresses. In advanced stages, patients experience the following symptoms:
- pain syndrome in the lower extremities;
- severe swelling that does not go away after sleep;
- varicose dermatitis;
- noticeable expansion and deformation of the veins;
- darkening of the skin.
The disease is an expansion of the veins of the pampiniform plexus of the spermatic cord. There are the following signs of varicose veins in men:
- asymmetry of the scrotum;
- pain syndrome, which increases during erection and movement;
- the presence of grape-shaped formations on the veins, which are detected by palpation.
Hemorrhoids in men
Allocate the following symptoms:
- pain syndrome in the rectum;
- prolapse of hemorrhoids.
Varicose veins of the digestive system
Mostly this disease of the esophageal veins develops as a result of hepatic diseases. In this case, patients complain of the following symptoms:
- the appearance of a lump behind the sternum;
- difficulty swallowing;
- belching with a sour taste;
- darkening of feces.
If a man notices the expansion of the veins in his legs, it is important to immediately contact a medical facility.
At the appointment, the doctor asks the patient about how long ago the unwanted symptoms appeared, and also asks additional questions that will help identify the causes of the disease.
Next, the physician proceeds to a visual examination and palpation of the affected areas. In conclusion, the diagnosis of the patient is sent to such examinations as:
- ultrasound procedure;
How is the treatment going?
If swelling of the veins was detected in the initial stages, the treatment of varicose veins is carried out with the help of medications that have a venotonic effect. Thanks to such drugs, it is possible to narrow the lumen, restore the function of closing the valve, normalize blood circulation and reduce its density. If the veins on the legs of men bulge strongly, and varicose veins are complicated by the presence of blood clots, antiplatelet agents are prescribed that allow blood clots to dissolve. Mostly used drugs, which include an active ingredient called heparin.
The correct pharmaceutical product and the duration of its use can only be prescribed by a specialist who takes into account the stage of the course of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
The initial signs of varicose veins in men often go unnoticed, so the representatives of the stronger sex go to the hospital already in a situation where large and swollen veins on the legs and feet are noticeable. In this case, conservative therapy has practically no effect on the positive outcome of treatment and surgical intervention is required. The following minimally invasive methods are considered the most effective:
- Laser coagulation of blood vessels. In the process of manipulation, a laser beam acts on the vein wall, which helps to remove blood stasis.
- Phlebectomy. The surgeon removes the area of the enlarged vein.
- Sclerotherapy. A special substance is injected into the affected vein, which glues the vessel together.
If young men are diagnosed with the initial stage of the disease, it is permissible to resort to the help of healers' prescriptions. However, doctors draw the attention of patients to the fact that folk remedies can only be used after consultation with a specialist and in combination with traditional treatment methods. The most popular recipes from the people:
- Kalanchoe. The leaves of the plant are crushed and vodka is added to them. Send to infuse in a dark and warm place for 2 weeks. After preparation, the agent is rubbed into the skin of the lower extremities 2 times a day. The duration of such therapy is at least 3 months.
- Honey. The product is applied to the area where the veins protrude, after which they are wrapped with polyethylene on top and fixed with a bandage. On the first day, the compress is left for 2 hours, on the second - for 3. Then it is permissible to apply it all night. Treatment is recommended for 3 weeks.
- Cabbage. A leaf of a vegetable is beaten off, one side is smeared with vegetable oil and applied to inflamed veins on the abdomen or other parts of the body. The top is fixed with a bandage and left for a day. Preferably, 30 such manipulations are required.
Why are varicose veins dangerous?
A disease that affects the veins of the lower extremities can cause the following consequences:
- thrombosis of superficial venous vessels;
- phlebothrombosis of deep veins.
The most dangerous complication of varicose veins is pulmonary embolism. It occurs due to blockage of the artery of the lungs by a thrombus, which comes off the venous walls.
Doctors believe that varicocele is a harmless disease. Potency does not suffer with it. However, in exceptional situations, the disease can provoke such consequences:
- spermatogenesis disorders;
As for hemorrhoids, the occurrence of such complications is not excluded:
- bleeding from hemorrhoids;
- infection, which leads to an inflammatory process;
- thrombosis or necrosis of hemorrhoids.
Overly dilated vessels in the esophagus can cause life-threatening bleeding.
If we are talking about varicose esophageal veins in the male part of the population, the most serious consequence of the doctor is the development of bleeding from them.
Even small, but systematic bleeding causes anemia.
The possibility of profuse bleeding, which can provoke acute blood loss, is not ruled out. This condition often ends in death.
To prevent a disease such as male varicose veins, patients will need to stop drinking alcohol and smoking. It is important to reduce the load on the lower extremities, including lifting heavy objects, standing for a long time, power sports. Despite this rule, physical activity must still be present. Doctors recommend taking regular walks in the fresh air, visiting the pool. The implementation of therapeutic physical culture is also important. A set of exercises must first be agreed with a specialist.
If the specific activity of a man involves sedentary work, you should get up and stretch from time to time, alternately stand on your heels and toes, which will help restore impaired blood circulation. When a person is predisposed to varicose veins, it is necessary to systematically take venotonic drugs for prevention. If symptoms of varicose veins appear, it is important not to postpone a visit to the hospital. A timely visit to the doctor will allow you to diagnose the disease and carry out its therapy, which will make it possible to avoid the development of complications.