How to treat varicose veins, how to help the body
Varicose veins disease - occurs most often in people over 30 years old. Varicose disease affects not only beautiful ladies, but also a strong half of humanity.
If you start to treat varicose veins in the initial stages, then you can quickly stop its further development and completely eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
There are many methods and ways of how to cure varicose veins, as a rule, they are prescribed in combination, so that the treatment is as productive and effective as possible.
Conventionally, the methods of treating varicose veins can be divided into four groups:
- Drug therapy.
- Therapeutic measures of a preventive nature.
- Unconventional ways.
- Operational methods of treating varicose veins.
First, let's take a closer look at how to treat varicose veins with medications.
This includes pharmaceutical products for external and internal use.
The use of external preparations: creams, gels and various anti-varicose ointments. Medicines of this group are especially effective for the treatment of varicose veins on the legs, in the initial stages. The way to use them is simple. External remedies must be rubbed into the varicose veins twice a day.
All external anti-varicose drugs are divided into 4 types according to the mode of action:
- Accelerating venous blood flow. The main component of these drugs is usually heparin.
- Vaso-strengthening agents with decongestant and analgesic effect.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They are used to cure varicose veins on the legs, at the stage of thrombus formation.
- Hormonal antihistamines.
The next group of drugs used to treat varicose veins includes oral medications that will act on varicose veins throughout the body.
- Phlebotonics - normalize intravenous blood circulation and tone up varicose veins. Methods for treating varicose veins using such funds are usually similar and are two-time pills. But the exact dosage will be prescribed only by a qualified attending physician. These drugs will not only help eliminate varicose veins, but also significantly reduce unpleasant symptoms in the form of swelling, pain and burning.
- And how to cure varicose veins with blood thinning drugs? Such agents prevent excessive blood thickening by normalizing intravenous blood flow.
How to treat varicose veins using contrasting temperatures? Hydrotherapy will help to cope with the disease - this is a sequential effect of streams of cold and hot water. As a result, there is first a sharp compression, and then the expansion of the varicose veins.
This method of treatment is especially effective at the initial stage of varicose veins, when capillary stars have appeared on the surface of the skin.
In addition to drug therapy, a set of therapeutic exercises is recommended for the treatment of varicose veins.
Effective exercises against varicose veins are:
- Bicycle from the "supine" position.
- Rise from toes to heels and vice versa.
- Rolling a tennis ball alternately with both feet on the floor.
- Swimming pool activities.
- Yoga complex recommended for varicose patients.
Treatment of varicose veins with alternative medicine is also effective. Before you decide to try this or that folk recipe, you need to discuss it with your doctor.
Most often in folk medicine aimed at treating varicose veins, horse chestnut, nettle, apple cider vinegar, garlic and soda are used.
- Take a 9% apple cider vinegar solution and rub the problem areas. The procedure should be repeated twice a day for a month.
- Pour fifty grams of chestnut flowers with 500 ml of vodka, infuse for 14 days in a dark place. Recommendations for admission are as follows: take 2 tbsp. l. three times a day for a month.
- Take 1 large spoonful of chicory, meadowsweet, coltsfoot, chamomile and St. John's wort each, pour 0. 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. After the broth has cooled, drain it and add a glass of fat (best of all badger). Such an ointment should be applied at night, additionally warmed with a film and a cloth bandage.
Services of medical institutions
There are a number of treatments for varicose veins that are performed only in specialized private clinics or public hospitals. The methods of surgical intervention of varying degrees of complexity include:
- Sclerotherapy is the introduction of a special solution into the affected vein, which will ensure the adhesion of the vessels and remove their blood supply systems. This method of treating varicose veins is especially often recommended in the early stages, since later the effectiveness of the method decreases by 30%.
- Laser and radiofrequency ablation - due to exposure to laser beams or radiation frequencies, varicose veins are glued together. Such treatment is carried out using local anesthesia and in some cases a rehabilitation period is required.
- Phlebectomy is a complete or partial removal of a varicose vein. This method, although one of the most effective, is gradually becoming a thing of the past, since it involves complete anesthesia, rather severe pain and a long period of postoperative recovery.
If you are in doubt about the choice of a method for treating varicose veins, then you can always get the advice of a phlebologist.
As you can see, there are a lot of methods for treating varicose veins, and all of them can be effective, provided that the doctor's recommendations, recipe and method of application are strictly followed.
And also one should not forget about the correction of the daily routine and diet. In addition, it is best to get rid of bad habits: alcohol and nicotine consumption once and for all.
It is necessary to constantly apply preventive measures against varicose veins. contrast shower, external venotonic agents, gentle physical activity.