Varicose veins in the legs. Symptoms, home treatment
Varicose veins in the legs is a fairly common disease that affects a large number of people in middle and old age. And now there are still tendencies to the fact that the disease is getting younger every day. The seriousness of the problem lies in the fact that having appeared once, the disease will pursue throughout life.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The walls of blood vessels become inflamed, bulging veins appear. Such veins do not look aesthetically pleasing and ugly, but that's not even the point. The trouble is that blood clots form in the weakened veins, which can enter the heart through the blood. People who find themselves with symptoms of varicose veins seek to see a doctor. How to treat varicose veins, the doctor decides. However, there are sufferers who endure to the last, and when they get to doctors, doctors are simply horrified.
Swelling on the legs, bluish skin, necrotic ulcers, inability to move normally. It can be difficult to help patients with such conditions. Some patients endure chronic pain, do not agree to surgery for varicose veins on the legs. It is impossible to get rid of varicose veins on the legs with conservative medical methods. Prescribed medications, therapeutic exercises, compression underwear for varicose veins will help improve the condition of the veins and, to some extent, prevent the development of the disease.
The risk group is people who spend a lot of time at the computer, spend a lot of time on their feet. It affects varicose veins of obese people who have problems with blood circulation, breathing, heart disease.
Treatment of varicose veins at home
Before starting home treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, consult your doctor.
- Take 1 tbsp of Kalanchoe juice. spoon 3 times a day. Kalanchoe juice has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties, is used in surgery in the treatment of pressure ulcers, trophic ulcers, boils.
- Pour cold water on your feet every morning, as soon as you feel a rush of blood to your feet, wipe them dry, and do a wrap.
- Camphor and sunflower oil are mixed in equal parts, add a few tablespoons of vodka there, stir thoroughly. Fold the gauze in three layers, moisten it in the prepared composition, wring it out, wrap the sore leg up to the knee. Secure it on top with compress paper (you cannot use polyethylene! ), Put on an elastic bandage that is not tight. You need to bandage so that you can stick your finger. Walk with a bandage for three days, at this time you should not load your legs with work and long walking.
- Remove the bandage 4 days before bedtime. Pour 3 tbsp into a glass of cold boiled water at room temperature. tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (pharmaceutical preparation). Dip gauze into the composition, wring out, wrap legs for two hours. This folk remedy for varicose veins is used until recovery. It is also used for thrombophlebitis.
The best remedy for varicose veins on the legs is a compress with honey, the recommended course is four days.
A layer of honey is applied to the linen fabric, apply to problem areas, bandage not tightly with a cloth, secure with a bandage. On the first day, keep the compress for two hours, on the next two days, four hours, on the last day, leave it overnight. Repeat the compress once a month.
Another recipe for varicose veins:
Combine a tablespoon of coarse salt with a glass of honey. Apply to the fabric, attach to the problem area, fix the bandage for two days, then remove it, arrange a rest for a day. Repeat this nine times. Varicose veins on the legs become smaller. After the course, rest for a month, then you can repeat it. The nodes may disappear altogether. The recipe has contraindications: it is forbidden to use it for trophic ulcers.
Hazel (hazel), namely, its bark improves blood circulation in the capillaries, it helps well with varicose veins. Infusion helps people with high cholesterol and atherosclerosis. In the bark of hazel, there is a useful substance, betulin, which helps to lower cholesterol levels, as well as reduce atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels. Betulin has a beneficial effect on liver activity and prevents obesity. The recipe is simple:
Pour 2 cups of boiling water into a thermos, add 50 gr. hazel bark, leave to infuse for 5 hours, strain, use 0. 5 cups 4 times a day, before meals.
Ointment for varicose veins
Take and mix all the herbs in a chopped form in 1 tbsp. spoon: burdock roots, meadowsweet herbs, succession, St. John's wort, wormwood, clover flowers, cuff leaves.
In half a glass of boiling water, add 3 tbsp. collection spoons, simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. Take 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable and melted butter, add to the boiled raw materials, mix, cool, transfer to a dark glass jar with a tight lid.
Keep in the refrigerator. The ointment is applied to the problem area with a thick layer, bandage loosely and fix with an elastic bandage. Change the bandage 3 times a day.
Diet for varicose veins
With varicose veins in the legs, you need to monitor the diet. Vessels should not be overloaded with fatty, heavy food, semi-finished products. For the recovery of varicose veins, the most favorable time of the year is summer. In the warm season, fresh, healthy food, many vitamins are available.
Try to eat more foods that are good for blood vessels. Many patients do not attach importance to proper nutrition, rely only on ointments, tablets, rubbing. However, you cannot help yourself with drugs alone, you must follow a diet.
Here are some tips to follow:
- A prerequisite is to eat a large handful of greens throughout the day. Eat lettuce, dill, cabbage, they contain a lot of vitamins.
- Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C. The vegetable is considered an antioxidant, strengthens the walls of the veins. Eat in salads, soups, or you can just eat it raw.
- Replace meat soups with okroshka in summer, soups with herbs on kefir, cold borscht. The listed dishes are much less calories, they do not overload the stomach.
- Start each morning breakfast with porridge - oatmeal, wheat, honey or berries.
- A glass of freshly squeezed juice from any berries, apples, carrots with beets is a must.
- Have a fasting day once a week with vegetables. On such a day, eat only salads and vegetable broths.
You should not starve yourself, baked goods should not be consumed, but berries, carrots, cabbage leaves can be chewed. The body itself will understand that it will not have to starve, will stop storing fats for future use. It will only be better for the veins.
As you can see, the tips are quite simple. If you do not overload yourself with heavy food, but eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, varicose veins on the legs decrease, along with them, night cramps disappear.