How to treat varicose veins (varicose veins) of the lower extremities (legs) in women and men
With varicose veins in the legs, home treatment is used in the early stages of the development of the disease, when the symptomatic picture is mild or moderate in intensity. Traditional methods show quite good efficiency in the treatment of varicose veins, but to stop the further development of the disease, they must be combined with traditional methods of treatment.
Folk remedies recipes
It is possible to cure varicose veins with only one folk remedy only if the disease is moderate and has mild symptoms.Any popular recipe requires agreement with the attending physician, becausethere are contraindications.
Often, alternative methods of treating varicose veins of the legs are used as a prophylaxis during pregnancy, if a woman has a genetic predisposition to this disease.
You can treat varicose veins at home with apple cider vinegar, which is used both externally and internally. A small amount of vinegar is applied daily to the skin of the feet and rubbed in with light, massage movements. The external use of the product is combined with internal use. 1 tspvinegar should be stirred in a glass of boiled water. You need to drink the resulting liquid 2 times a day for ½ glass. The course of treatment is 1 month. If it is necessary to repeat the treatment, it is required to take a break for several weeks.
Clay lotions and compresses
Getting rid of varicose veins on the legs with the help of clay is considered one of the most effective and safe methods of alternative treatment, which can be safely used by pregnant women. Clay of any color is suitable for the treatment of varicose veins, but green should be preferred.
To prepare a compress, you need 1 tbsp. stir clay with a little warm water. Pour the liquid into the container with the ingredient gradually, stirring constantly to achieve the desired consistency (like sour cream).
Put the resulting mass on gauze, folded in several layers, and apply to the legs in those places where varicose veins are most pronounced. Cover the bandage on top with a plastic bag. The holding time of the compress is up to 3 hours. After the procedure, wash off the clay with warm water without detergents.
Acacia flower tincture
For the treatment of varicose veins at home, an alcoholic tincture of acacia is used, which helps to get rid of the painful signs of the disease in a short period of time. The product helps to restore the tone and elasticity of the veins, eliminate their swelling.
Method of tincture preparation: 50 g of acacia inflorescences, thoroughly washed under running water, pour 250 ml of vodka and leave the container to infuse for 14 days, shaking regularly. Apply the tincture externally: every day it is necessary to wipe the skin of the legs, rubbing in with massage movements.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities will go away much faster if horse chestnut is used in treatment - a natural product that is widely used in folk medicine to treat many diseases.
A tincture for internal use should be prepared on the basis of horse chestnut. Pour 50 g of the main ingredient with 500 ml of vodka and leave to infuse for 2 weeks in a dark place, regularly shaking the container with liquid. After 14 days, strain the tincture through a fine sieve or cheesecloth folded in several layers.
It is necessary to take the remedy 3 times a day for 1 tbsp. before the main meal. The course of admission is 7 days, after which it is imperative to take a break for 14 days.
Treating varicose veins at home with green tomatoes is one of the most common. Tomatoes help to cope with swollen veins, eliminate painful signs of the disease. Green tomatoes contain lycopene, which normalizes blood circulation, restores vascular tone and elasticity, and reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Method of using tomatoes for varicose veins: cut the vegetable into thin circles, attach them to the legs and fix with bandages. You can keep such a compress all night. The term of tomato treatment is unlimited. This method of treatment has no contraindications and does not cause side symptoms.
You can cure varicose veins at home and quickly stop the symptomatic picture in both women and men with the help of white cabbage. Put several sheets of vegetable on top of each other, roll them out with a rolling pin (with pressure) so that the juice stands out. Apply a thin layer of sunflower oil to one side of the sheet and apply to the leg. Tie on top with a bandage or gauze. You need to keep such a compress for a day or all night. The duration of such a cabbage therapy is 30 days.
One of the most effective remedies in the fight against varicose veins is potatoes. Cooking method: chop 5 medium-sized potatoes using available tools (grater, blender, meat grinder). Spread the puree evenly over the surface of the legs, wrap it on top with cling film or plastic bag.
The term of wearing the compress is 4 hours. This method of treating varicose veins will help to normalize venous circulation, quickly eliminate such signs of the disease as pain and a feeling of heaviness, and remove the venous mesh.
Treatment of varicose veins with nettle is one of the most ancient methods. It is recommended to make a decoction based on the burning plant. 1 tbspPour the chopped ingredient with a glass of water, put on fire, after boiling the liquid - turn it off. When the broth has cooled, it must be filtered. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day. The duration of the therapeutic course is up to 6 months. The broth must be taken before the main meal.
Decoction of nutmeg
We get rid of varicose veins on the legs easily and quickly with the help of a tasty broth based on nutmeg. 2-3 nuts are recommended to be ground into powder or finely chopped. 1 tsppowder, pour 200 ml of boiled water. After a few minutes, when the water has cooled down a little, add 1 tsp to the liquid. honey. Leave the broth to infuse for 30 minutes.
Take 1 glass a day, it is better to do this in the morning before breakfast. The course of treatment is up to 6 months. The first result will be visible in a month.
To remove varicose veins at home, you can use ordinary laundry soap. To prepare the medicine, you will need the following ingredients:
- tablets of salicylic ester of acetic acid - 10 pcs. ;
- vodka - 250 ml;
Dissolve tablets in vodka (first crush them to a powder state), insist the liquid for 2 days, then pour 1 tbsp into it. crushed laundry soap. All ingredients must be thoroughly mixed until the soap is completely dissolved.
Lubricate the surface of the legs with the resulting product, wrap it with bandages on top and leave it overnight. The duration of therapy is until improvement occurs.
You can get rid of varicose veins at home with the help of calendula - a plant with healing properties. On the basis of calendula, you need to prepare a decoction. Pour inflorescences with 1 liter of water, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. In the resulting broth, you need to moisten a piece of cloth and apply it to your legs. It is necessary to keep it until the fabric becomes dry. It is recommended to repeat the procedure up to 4 times a day. The course of treatment is unlimited.
Comprehensive treatment of varicose veins of the legs also implies adherence to a therapeutic diet that helps cleanse the blood vessels, restore the work of the heart muscle and prevent further development of the pathological process. The diet should regularly contain foods that reduce blood density. These include:
- onion garlic;
- olive oil;
- red currant;
In the menu for every day, you must enter the following products:
- black currant;
- leafy vegetables;
- apples and celery;
- lentils and oatmeal;
It is necessary to refuse a large amount of salt, marinades and pickles, spices. They retain moisture in soft tissues, exacerbating the course of the disease.
It is possible to cure varicose veins without surgery if you start fighting the disease in a timely manner. Among the many physiotherapeutic procedures and conservative treatment methods, a special place is given to hirudotherapy - treatment with pharmacy leeches. The enzymes found in the saliva of worms are characterized by the following properties:
- stopping stagnant processes;
- prevention of thrombus formation;
- elimination of painful symptoms of varicose veins;
- relief of edema;
- treatment of inflammatory processes;
- normalization of blood circulation.
After a session with leeches, soft tissues receive the required amount of oxygen and nutrients, regeneration processes are launched, the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels are restored.
This name hides the procedure for treating varicose veins by bees. Insect venom contains many useful enzyme substances, which have a wide range of effects in case of varicose veins:
- start regeneration processes;
- eliminate trophic ulcers;
- have a strengthening effect on the vascular walls;
- restore the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels;
- reduce the likelihood of blood clots forming;
- reduce the risks of heart attacks and strokes;
- relieve swelling;
- quickly eliminate the unpleasant and painful signs of varicose veins of the legs.
The procedure is as follows: the doctor places bees on separate parts of the patient's body, where biologically active points are located. After the bite, it takes some time for all the poison to get under the skin, only then the sting is removed, and the bite is smeared with boric petroleum jelly. 1 session lasts up to 15 minutes. The first session of the treatment course starts with 1 bee. Their number is gradually increasing. When the course is completed by half (from 15 to 20 days), the number of bees decreases, and only 1 insect is used in the final session.
It is also recommended to treat varicose veins on the legs of women with the help of compression underwear. Slimming jersey:
- Supports and exerts a squeezing effect on the blood vessels, which contributes to the correct redistribution of the blood flow. The volume of blood is divided between damaged and healthy veins, relieving excessive stress from the former.
- Helps improve the access of oxygen and nutrients to soft tissues.
- Reduces the likelihood of blood clots.
It is especially useful for women to wear compression underwear during pregnancy. this is the best prevention of varicose veins in the presence of a genetic predisposition. An important rule of wearing compression underwear is to use it only during the period of physical activity, it must be taken off at night.
Compression underwear is divided into several types depending on the degree of compression. It is not recommended to choose underwear yourself. The required degree of compression is selected only by a doctor, taking into account the severity of the pathology:
- Grade 1 - used as a prophylaxis for varicose veins in overweight women, during pregnancy, at the initial stage.
- Grade 2 - used in the treatment of already existing varicose veins or thrombophlebitis.
- Grade 3 - used in the development of trophic disorders provoked by varicose veins, and in the diagnosis of such a pathology as venous insufficiency.
- Grade 4 - used extremely rarely, in the presence of lymphatic edema, if varicose veins were severely neglected.
Wearing compression underwear helps to quickly eliminate the painful symptoms of the disease, relieving the constant feeling of heaviness and buzzing in the legs.
To fight varicose veins on the legs at home is necessary not only with diets, decoctions and compresses, but also with physical exercises. Regular implementation of a simple, but extremely effective exercise for varicose vein disease allows you to quickly eliminate painful symptoms, restore the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, and normalize blood circulation. A set of exercises:
- Stand straight, keep your back and neck straight, do not tilt your torso forward, lower your arms. Stand on your toes, linger for a few seconds, and then sharply lower your feet to your heels. The number of repetitions is up to 50 times. It is recommended to perform the exercise several times a day.
- Perform a similar exercise while sitting on a chair: bend your legs at the knees, put your feet on your toes and lower them on your heels.
- Do the toe raise and heel drop against a wall. First, you need to stand with your back to the wall, leaning on it with your shoulder blades, then turn your face, putting your palms on the surface of the wall, your arms should be straight.
To obtain a positive result in the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities, regular exercise is important. You need to carry out such exercises every day up to 4 times. Such simple exercises will be especially useful for pregnant women as an effective way to prevent varicose veins.
Contraindications and possible consequences of home treatment
It is possible and necessary to treat varicose veins at home, but do not forget that there are contraindications to this approach in the treatment of the disease:
- The neglected stage of pathology. In the presence of constant pain in the legs and frequent cramps, it is useless to use alternative methods, the only effective method of treatment in this case is surgery. If you use folk methods, they will muffle the painful symptoms, but the disease itself will develop rapidly, leading to serious consequences.
- Individual intolerance to the components that make up the plants.
- The presence of wounds and other injuries on the skin - in this case, the use of ointments, lotions and compresses is excluded. They will severely irritate the skin, leading to severe dermatitis and allergies.
- Abnormalities in the work of the kidneys and liver are contraindications to the internal intake of decoctions, becausethey are capable of provoking complications.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - refers to decoctions and tinctures for internal intake, which increase the intensity of the symptoms of diseases.
Given the presence of contraindications and the risks of complications, the use of any recipe for traditional medicine, no matter how safe it may seem, must be agreed with the doctor.