How effective is the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies?
Due to high prices in medical clinics, the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is practiced to this day. The most popular method for treating leg vein problems is laser therapy. Modern methods of treatment will help to avoid painful sensations, discomfort and scars from incisions, which are likely to be noticeable after traditional surgery. Even the minimal cost of laser surgery is quite high and not everyone can afford it.
The problem of varicose veins is more often faced by women than men. This is due, first of all, to the frequent hormonal changes in the female body. This happens during pregnancy and with the onset of menopause. Another reason is wearing high heels. Men are not in such trouble, because they are not familiar with the feeling of heaviness in the legs after running all day on high heels.
Since women always strive to be the most charming and attractive, swollen veins on their legs frankly confuse them. If you do not have the money for laser treatment, do not despair and in no case hide your legs under your trousers. To get started, go to any medical forum on the Internet and read reviews of people who have already been able to overcome this disease. Try folk remedies for varicose veins before going to the operating table.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
Racking their brains over how to remove veins in their legs, people often forget about excellent folk remedies. Mother Nature did not leave her children without care. Many folk wisdom have survived to this day and successfully help people treat many diseases. Expansion of veins can have different stages of complication, you should remember this. The remedies for varicose veins that traditional medicine offers help many, but not everyone.
Advice!Before embarking on self-treatment, visit a phlebologist and consult with him about your health condition.
Traditional medicine is very rich in advice and recipes. She offers the following medicinal procedures and drugs against varicose veins:
- leech therapy (hirudotherapy);
- exercises for the lower extremities;
- chestnut tincture;
- tincture of Kalanchoe;
- raw potato puree;
- hop treatment;
- garlic with butter;
- lemon and honey ointment;
- garlic with honey and so on.
By trying different methods of getting rid of varicose veins, you can find the most effective remedy that is right for you. Someone will manage with just exercises, someone will try to cure varicose veins with ointments and tinctures. In any case, such treatment will not be superfluous and will not harm your legs. Perhaps you should visit a medical forum and learn more about who and how overcomes their illness.
Effective exercises to improve vein health
Excessive physical activity or, conversely, too passive and sedentary lifestyle can provoke the expansion of the veins of the lower extremities. In order not to have to treat the advanced stage of varicose veins in the hospital, do a set of simple exercises at home.
- Squats. Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and begin to slowly squat with your arms extended forward. Do not do too deep squats, do not go below knee level. This exercise should be repeated at least 10-15 times, and if possible, increase the number of repetitions up to 30-40 times. This exercise not only effectively helps against varicose veins, but also makes the figure more toned.
- Birch. This is not only an effective remedy for varicose veins, but also an excellent exercise for the spine and abdominal muscles. You need to lie on your back, always on a hard surface, and gently raise your legs and body above you, holding your lower back with your hands. Repeat the exercise 10 to 20 times.
- Exercise doctor. This simple exercise is good for treating sore veins. You need to stand on a hard floor, rise on your toes (not too high, about 1-2 cm from the floor), and then drop sharply onto your heels to the floor. Thus, blood circulation is started and a kind of cleaning of the vessels of the lower extremities occurs.
As you can see, not only medications help against varicose veins, but also ordinary physical education. If you are not lazy and do three simple exercises a day, you will not have to treat a neglected disease. If you want to know even more different exercises, visit the online forum where people share their experiences.
Compresses and lotions to restore the health and beauty of the legs
If you are tired of thinking about how to remove varicose veins on your legs, and none of the pharmacy ointments helps you, you can make an ointment yourself by mixing exclusively natural ingredients. You can find recipes for such drugs by looking through medical literature or messages on the forums. Many people who have already been helped by natural remedies for varicose veins share their useful experience.
- Honey compress.Take a warm natural fabric and saturate it with honey. It is desirable that it is not candied. Wrap the fabric around the necessary places, secure it on top with cling film so that the honey does not stick to clothes or bed. For the first week, the compress should be done daily and walk with a bandage for 2 hours. In the second week of treatment, you can increase the time up to 4 hours. From the third week, the compress should be applied at night. The full course of treatment is 7 weeks. Such a pleasant compress will help not only to cure varicose veins, but also to improve the condition of the skin.
- Kalanchoe tincture compress.A half-liter jar of dried and crushed leaves of this miraculous plant must be poured with 1 liter of alcohol or vodka. For a week, the medicine should be infused in a dark place. Rubbing the lower limbs should start with the fingers and gradually reach the knees.
- Compress of raw potato puree.Grate the potatoes on a fine grater, put the resulting gruel in a thick layer on the sore veins and wrap the leg with a cotton cloth. The compress needs to be renewed every three to four hours. Keep the potato "dressing" for at least a day.
Do not forget about traditional methods of treatment, in some cases they can treat the disease no worse than pharmaceutical drugs. Remember that treatment with folk remedies will always take longer than traditional ones. But it may be better to spend time and energy on such procedures than to lie under a scalpel and walk with the scars left after the operation.
Ointments made from natural products
Garlic + butter
Take a large head of garlic. Make sure to keep the garlic hulls white, not purple or blue. Make a gruel out of it and add 50 g of butter. It must first be removed from the refrigerator so that it is soft. Lubricate the affected areas of the veins with the resulting ointment and wrap your leg with a dense natural cloth overnight. Such procedures should be performed for a month. Traditional healers recommend treating varicose veins with this particular remedy, as it shows the best results.
Lemon honey ointment
Grind two lemons in a blender or meat grinder. Mix the resulting gruel with 100 g of honey. Let the ointment sit for about 3 days. Smear the affected areas of the leg with a thick layer, wrap it with parchment paper, and wrap it with a cotton cloth on top. It is advisable to leave the compress with ointment for at least 2 hours, and ideally for the whole night. So you will be able to cure varicose veins much faster.
Herbal tincture is the best prevention of varicose veins
The best folk remedy used both for the treatment and for the prevention of varicose veins is herbal tincture. By visiting any forum dedicated to the treatment of varicose veins, you will come across many recipes for tinctures that should be taken orally before or after meals.
- Chestnut tincture.Collect the white inflorescences during the flowering period of the chestnut. If you did not have time to do this, then the fruits (chestnuts) will do. Pour 50 g of peeled and pre-dried chestnut flowers with 0. 5 liters of vodka. The tincture should stand in a dark, cool place for 14 days. Shake it periodically to avoid turbidity. This tincture should be taken after meals 45 drops three times a day. It can also be used for rubbing painful areas of the legs. This infusion can not only treat the disease that has arisen, but also use it to prevent the disease.
- A decoction of hop cones.3 tablespoons of chopped hop cones should be poured with a liter of water and boiled for 10 minutes in a water bath. After cooling down, drink a glass of the broth before eating. You need to take this medicine three times a day.
There are many more different recipes and folk methods for treating problems with veins and blood vessels. Do not rush to go to the pharmacy to buy expensive medicines. Herbs for varicose veins cope no worse than expensive and popular pharmaceuticals. Remember, prevention is the best treatment. Do not be lazy to monitor your diet, get rid of bad habits such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, take time to exercise daily, and your legs will surely thank you.