Varicose veins. Take action
Varicose veins on the legs in women - enlargement of superficial veins, in which the valves are disrupted, blood flow worsens. Blood flows from the legs through deep and superficial veins, they are interconnected into a single whole.
The cause of varicose veins on the legs in women, where did the disease come from:
All veins have valves, if the deep veins cannot cope with their load, then the load increases on the superficial. More blood gets into them, it is more difficult for them to cope with the load.
That's when we see the swollen veins that are visible through the skin.
- Sedentary lifestyle, our laziness, or sedentary work.
- Fascination with newfangled diets that lack fiber.
- Parental inheritance plays a very important role.
- Tight, tight pants, wearing high heels.
- Our habit of sitting cross-legged, blood flow almost stops.
- Heavy loads in the gym.
- Taking hormones, contraceptives, cold remedies.
These are common causes of varicose veins in the legs in women.
Signs of leg varicose veins in women, how to understand that you have this disease:
The insidiousness of this disease is that varicose veins in women at first does not manifest itself in any way, for a very long time it is only a cosmetic defect.
When there is a feeling of fatigue, heaviness in the legs with small dilated veins - these are the first varicose symptoms of the development of your disease.
- Then tingling is disturbing.
- Leg cramps especially at night, itching,
- Burning sensations.
- Heat, pain, swelling.
- When edema appears, the skin seems to darken, becomes smooth, cuts, abrasions on the legs do not heal for a long time.
- These are more alarming symptoms of the disease, the body tells you that it cannot cope with the disease itself, so you need to go to a specialist for help.
Diagnosis of varicose veins on the legs in women:
Carry out the following diagnostics for varicose veins:
Methods for studying the venous system.
- Determination of venous pressure in mm Hg: use photoplethysmography in various positions of the patient using compression tests.
- Air plethysmography: determines not only the volume of the leg in (mm), but also the volume of venous blood expulsion and its fraction. Residual volume during a test with shin muscles contraction.
- Doppler ultrasound: establishes the patency of the great veins by auscultation and graphically. With the Valsalva maneuver and compression tests, you can confirm or deny the diagnosis.
- Duplex scanning: with its help, the main veins are checked (size, patency, the state of the lumen and the presence of blood clots, the nature and speed of blood flow, the function and insufficiency of the valves).
- Intravenous ascending phlebography: contrast agent is injected into a peripheral vein. The purpose of the study is to identify the pathology of the veins of the lower and upper extremities.
Signs of leg varicose veins in women, if left untreated:
If varicose veins are left untreated, changes will appear over time on the inner surface of the lower third of your lower leg:
- Then a very formidable complication - a trophic ulcer. You probably know what it is, how difficult it is to treat it, to live with it. Trophic ulcers occur due to a very poor outflow of blood, a small trauma provokes trophic ulcers to spread throughout the lower leg.
- Blood clots very often occur in the dilated veins, which can break off at any time and enter the pulmonary artery. Thromboembolism occurs, this is a threat to your life.
If inflammation of the veins - thrombophlebitis - has begun, you need bed rest, raise your leg, put a blanket or some kind of roller under it. This will help relieve swelling, it squeezes the arteries, veins, avoid gangrene when tissues become dead.
Make sure that foods contain vitamins C, P, A, E, as well as trace elements:
- Potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iodine, zinc, iron. A large amount of potassium is found in honey, apple cider vinegar.
- In order to get these two products immediately, drink 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with honey up to 4 glasses a day. Lubricate your feet with the same composition.
How to treat varicose veins on the legs in women:
Use drugs that increase venous tone and improve blood flow, as well as topical gels.
Mikulin's exercise is very effective for cleansing blood vessels: rise on your toes so that your heels are off the floor by 1-2 cm, then drop sharply on them. After doing 30 times, rest for 10 seconds. Do the exercise calmly several times a day. You can do no more than 60 heels on the floor at a time.
Prevention of varicose veins on the legs in women:
In order not to start the disease at the beginning of its development, it is very important to prevent varicose veins.
- Start by dousing your feet with cold water, this is a kind of training, strengthening blood vessels.
- Freeze decoctions of medicinal herbs in the freezer, wipe your tired legs with these cubes. Take sage, it has an analgesic, yet soothing effect.
Massage your feet.
Doing from a seated position:
- From bottom to top, stroke your legs from knee to groin. Enough 3 times.
- Flex your thigh muscles 7 times.
- Massage the knee joint clockwise.
- From a prone position, legs bent at the knees:
Stroke the lower leg up and down 3 times.
- Stretch your calf muscles 5 times.
- Shake the leg muscles 4 times.
- Stretch your foot. Massage each toe, heel, sole more vigorously.
- Light, quick stroking of the entire leg, you cannot touch the protruding veins - it leads to the formation of a blood clot.
- Do the simplest exercise "bicycle", alternately raising your legs, do not bend them.
- Walk more. When the disease does not bother you too much up to 8000 steps a day.
The following tips are also helpful:
- Give up alcohol.
- Limit salt, foods that contain it, sweets, refined foods, flour, absolutely any canned food, smoked meats, do not carry anything at all, if you want to be healthy, get rid of them in shape, in a month you will be surprised thatwhy did you eat them at all.
- Avoid prolonged sitting in one position to avoid muscle stiffness and standing on your feet.
- Do not sit in a cross-legged position, this will impair venous outflow.
- Don't gain weight.
Exercise your legs daily:
- Stand on your toes more often.
- Climb the stairs on foot, forget that there is an elevator in the world for at least 5 floors.
- Walk 1-3 km for at least an hour.
- For a long time (at least 1 hour), stay in a pose with your legs raised above the level of the heart.
How to treat varicose veins on the legs in women, folk remedies:
Warm foot baths with oak bark or a decoction of calendula flowers are very useful:
Pour 20 grams with boiling water, boil for 15-20 minutes in 0. 5 liters of water, then pour into a bucket, immerse your feet up to your knees for half an hour. I remind you again that the water should be warm, not hot.
I will also give you a recipe for treating a trophic ulcer. Just a magic ointment for varicose veins, try from the bottom of my heart I help you:
Take one tablespoon at a time:
- Onion juice.
- Laundry liquid soap.
- Ichthyol ointment.
- Aloe juice.
- Pork lard.
Put everything in a small saucepan, heat to a boil, do not boil, apply the cooled ointment to a cloth, bandage it so that you can walk with it during the day. Then wash your leg, again apply the ointment for a day.
Heal until the ointment runs out. Repeat the treatment 2 times a year. Edema subsides, veins are almost invisible, blue disappears, pains go away. Successful treatment.
Small varicose veins are fought with a sclerosant drug, which closes the vein and it disappears. However, there are drawbacks here, you need to wear a tight bandage for a long time, sometimes a bruise remains at the injection site.
Creams, ointments, gels
They are also called veno tonics: various ointments, gels, creams for application to diseased veins, they have a beneficial effect on blood flow, vein wall. They are used at the first signs of illness: heaviness in the legs, night cramps. Reduce symptoms, add medicated underwear to improve results.
- Take 4 tablespoons of flaxseed per 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist wrapped for 1 hour. Drink half a glass hot every 2 hours 6-8 times a day. The result will be visible in 2-3 weeks.
- Drink lingonberry leaf tea (1 teaspoon per glass of water).
- 10 grams of birch leaves. Pour hot water up to 50 degrees, leave under the lid for 6 hours. Drink half a glass 2 times a day.
- You can sew bags to fit your feet, fill them with birch leaves. Place your legs in a bag so that they are in the leaves on all sides, then they will start to sweat, when after 4 hours they get very wet, replace them. Session 3-4 is usually enough.
How to treat varicose veins on the legs in women, compression underwear:
If you have hereditary venous disease. Often worried about pain, heaviness in the legs, consult a phlebologist or vascular surgeon for advice.
You will be scheduled to undergo Doppler ultrasound or photo plethysmography. Know that the examination is harmless, not painful. Identify the stage of development of your disease, and then you will select a method of treatment.
Medical stockings, knee-highs, tights are used both for prevention and treatment of varicose veins. It is called a compression garment, there are 4 degrees of compression (pressure).
They are measured in millimeters of mercury. In the initial form of varicose veins, stockings or tights of the 1st degree are prescribed with a pressure of 18-21 mm Hg. The doctor will tell you what kind of underwear you need.
We treat varicose veins on the legs in women, operations:
This operation is performed under general anesthesia. On the leg, incisions are made of 0. 5 cm, through which the diseased veins are pulled.
Compression garments must be worn after surgery. Many people want to know if it is possible to get rid of varicose veins forever. Varicose veins of the lower extremities are not completely cured after surgery.
After the diseased vein has been removed, all the load it was carrying will be redistributed to other veins, their load increases, therefore, over time, nodes appear in a different place.
However, if prevention is done on time, varicose veins on the legs of women are treated, and you eat right, you can slow down the development of this disease for a long time, it will not develop into a more severe stage.
I hope my dears, that I helped you with something, you will be less sick. Run on your feet pain-free all your life.