Varicose veins on the feet
There are several common reasons that lead to varicose veins on the feet:
- Large and prolonged stress on the lower part of the body. In particular it applies to the professions,
- Pregnancy. When a woman is in position, the load on the foot increases. The fetus exerts pressure including to his feet, blood volume increases. This leads to pain in the legs and provokes varicose veins. But in the case of pregnancy-all the symptoms disappear after a year after the appearance of the baby.
- Overweight. If any load on the leg increases, which leads to such disease. This is one of the most common causes of the appearance of varicose veins in the legs.
- His advanced age. Over time, the walls of the veins wear out, become weaker and lose their former elasticity. Because of this, they are stretching and appear varicose veins.
- Heredity. If in your family someone from relatives suffered from this disease, you also be at risk.
- Changes in hormonal balance. Pregnancy already noted as one of the causes. Varicose veins can cause puberty, menopause, menstruation. All this causes disturbances in the hormonal background of women.
- A sedentary lifestyle. During a long stay in a sitting position to pinch the veins, resulting in marked disturbances in the blood circulation. The calf muscles and feet as the pumps pumping the blood up. But if you stop moving, vascular tone begins to weaken, which causes the appearance of varicose veins.
- Wrong shoes and clothing. Trigger of varicose veins can wearing pants too tight and jeans that pull the legs. Too tight shoes and high heels lead to varicose foot.
These are the main causes of the disease, there are also the non-proliferation of phenomena that sometimes occur during the development of the disease.
In addition to the reasons, there are also symptoms that help to recognize in time dilatation. You should pay attention to the following indications:
- The leg veins has changed color. Change the color of the veins is one of the main signs of disease.
- Veins disappear when you put the legs in a horizontal position or just lying.
- In the legs and joints on the feet appeared ulcers. They testify that the power of the epidermis of the lower limbs was broken.
- There is a thickening of the veins.
- Can appear spasms in the muscles of the legs.
- There is a strong dull pain in the lower part of the body.
- Sometimes there is the appearance of pigmentation.
Upon detection of any symptom, or all together, it is recommended to immediately consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins.
Diagnosis and treatment
Varicose veins of the legs and feet is not just a cosmetic defect. This disease to treat which should seriously and carefully. If symptoms appear, you must contact your doctor. He will appoint the propagation of ultrasonic dopplerography. It will show the quality of blood circulation and detect the presence of obstacles, if any.
In the initial stages to treat varicose veins is recommended when using ointments and gels. They reduce swelling, remove pain and fatigue. Of course, the impact of nutrients with minimal, but for the initial stage that is enough.
There are special venotonic issued by the doctor. They also relieve swelling, reduce pain and seal the walls of blood vessels. They can be used in combination with the ointments.
Varicose veins treated by endovenous laser coagulation. Is the procedure the impact of the laser on the diseased vessel. Is performed under local anesthesia. After the procedure, the sprocket pass.
Now there's a new method of treatment of the disease. Is ozone therapy, which involves injection of ozone into lumens of vessels using a microneedle. As a result, the gaps are glued together. Several procedures allow you to quickly feel the result.
Some resort to a radical method - removal of the vein with surgical intervention. To do this in foot small puncture. After a while he becomes invisible. The day after the surgery the patient is sent home. But within a month he needs to wear special tights or bandaged leg.
The sport with varicose veins
There are specially designed sets of exercises, to combat varicose veins.
They improve blood circulation, thereby stopping the further development of the disease. Before starting any exercise you should consult your doctor. It is best to do exercises in the morning as it is charging.
Permitted to engage in certain types of sport, provided that the load on the legs will be small. It can be swimming, fitness, Aqua aerobics. These types improve circulation and reduce the risk of further disease development.
Squats, running and classes at the gym are only allowed at the initial stage of the disease.
To treat varicose veins and in other ways, among which are widely used:
- Massage. It is allowed only in the initial stages of the disease. To do it yourself. You will need only a special massage for the feet. It helps to improve blood flow in the vessels and prevents the formation in the blood vessels of blood clots. Helps to reduce pain. But if you have open sores, massage is contraindicated.
- Treatment with leeches. Is a modern and popular method of treatment of this disease. To the place where there is a node, attach a few leeches and 3 have the entire length of the vein. Get the effect of the bloodletting. Although not all doctors are convinced of the effectiveness of this method.
- Stockings for the feet. These are special stockings that help to ease the suffering feet. To replace them can be bandaged feet. It will be no less effective.
- Orthopedic pillow for your feet. Helps to ease painful condition. It is recommended to use it as often as possible. Pillow there are different models.
To alleviate the condition and prevent further development of varicose veins and prevent its occurrence, you must:
- not to be a long time in one position;
- to get rid of the uncomfortable shoes and tight things;
- drink a day not less than 2 liters of water and give up bad habits;
- to monitor their weight and exercise regularly;
- every morning take a contrast shower.
To treat disease, it is recommended that at the initial stage. Upon detection of the first symptoms should immediately see a doctor, then you will be able to cope with the disease more quickly and efficiently. It is recommended to perform preventive procedures to suspend development of the disease or to prevent its occurrence.