Varicose veins in pregnancy: an effective treatment
Varicose veins is dilatation, in which the nodes are formed, disrupted blood flow. More often the disease affects people with overweight, elderly, pregnant women and those who have disorders of the heart, liver, genital organs (STDs – trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, fungi). Among patients with varicose veins mostly women, as a special influence on the permeability and elasticity of blood vessels has a hormonal background. Any fluctuations in the hormones can cause varicose veins. Most often, the disease attacks the veins in the legs. A man who spends a long time on their feet, are the most susceptible to varicose veins. The disease can also appear on other parts of the body – the hands, the genitals, groin. Especially often these places affects varicose veins during pregnancy.
Reasons why the veins lose their elasticity, can be several:
- Genetic predisposition. If someone from your family suffered from varicose veins – chances of getting this disease is "inherited" are very large.
- Various injuries veins.
- Hormonal disorders, failure (menopause, pregnancy).
- Diseases of the liver, rectum (frequent constipation).
- Sedentary, sedentary lifestyle.
- Standing work, during which increases the load on the legs and, consequently, on the veins.
- Congenital venous anomalies.
- Permanent lifting weights.
Venous diseases suffer most of the adult population. Most often appears varicose veins during pregnancy. The treatment of the disease will depend, in this case, its complexity, and risks for fetus and mother.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The main symptom, talking about the development of the disease – veins in the body become more visible. However, few people immediately pay attention to it. Remember about the disease is often when the veins bulging above the skin surface. This phenomenon is accompanied by pain and edema, and skin changes. It becomes darker, there are dark spots. It could be dry. Sometimes there are wounds that take a long time to heal.
Varicose veins is accompanied by itching, feeling of heaviness and fatigue in the legs. If varicose veins in pregnancy in groin the main symptom will be an increase in the labia and the formation of nodules on them. Also, there is heaviness, pain when walking and exercise. After birth, the disease may suddenly disappear, just as they appeared. However, consult with your doctor still have. Because varicose veins are sometimes greatly complicates the process of childbirth.
Varicose veins uterus during pregnancy
The main reason of occurrence of varicose veins in pregnant women – hormonal changes. With the advent of new life the best efforts of the woman's body aims to supply the fetus with nutrients required for its growth. All these substances are delivered together with the blood through the veins. Thus, the blood flow in the pregnant woman's body increases, and hence the load on vessels increases. Hence originates varicose veins.
Most often the disease affects women with a genetic predisposition. While the disease can appear anywhere on the legs, arms, inner and outer genital organs. Varicose veins of the pelvis during pregnancy is a widespread phenomenon. The main symptoms of disease – abdominal pain, hypersensitivity of genitals, painful intercourse, problem urinating. To ignore varicose veins is highly undesirable, as there may be contraindications to natural childbirth. However, radical treatment will have to wait. The only way out – drug therapy and wearing special compression underwear. Those women who are diagnosed with varicose veins of the uterus during pregnancy, you should tune to the caesarean section, since during spontaneous labor may develop uterine bleeding, sometimes with fatal outcome.
Treatment of varicose veins
Of course, to treat varicose veins during pregnancy more difficult. All because you can only use drugs that are not always effective. In addition to medication,phlebologist (medical, dealing with diseases of the veins) recommend:
- Hiking long walks.
- To take the supine position with raised legs.
- Contrast shower.
- Correct and balanced diet.
- To abandon hot baths, saunas and baths.
- To wear compression underwear is a very effective way of dealing with varicose veins.
- To use special ointments, creams, gels.
If discovered varicose veins during pregnancy, treatment should begin immediately. Possibly before birth, the disease will disappear or at least decrease its symptoms.
The main methods of treatment varicose veins:
- Laser. Bursts of energy to seal the vein and return to her former state.
- Phlebectomy. Varicose vein removal by surgery under General anesthesia.
- Unextracted. A surgical procedure during which the diseased vein is removed, and in its place is inserted a flexible wire.
- Endoscopy. Used in severe cases. This operation, during which make an incision and insert into it the device camera. Assessing the situation from the inside, the specialist chooses the tactics of treatment.
- Sclerotherapy. Treatment of varicose veins by injection.
- Trophic ulcers of the veins. It is a wound that will not heal because of impaired blood flow through the veins. The disease appears in advanced stages of varicose veins and leads to excruciating pain.
- Thrombophlebitis. Vein inflammation accompanied by formation of blood clots. The cause of the disease – slow the flow of blood. Especially dangerous is the phenomenon for expectant mothers. The clot can block the nutrition of the placenta, resulting in the development of fetoplacental insufficiency. Why varicose veins during pregnancy requires strict control and surveillance.
- Chronic venous insufficiency – a darkening of the skin, constant tiredness and heaviness in the legs even after the holidays. The disease may be accompanied by eczema and dermatitis. The disease progresses slowly, affecting all large areas.
All of these treatments, as a rule, expectant mothers are not prescribed. Use them only after giving birth.
If you have any varicose veins veins during pregnancy, proper and healthy lifestyle will be the only salvation. Who, if not expectant mother should know about it?
Complications of varicose veins
Varicose veins – not so terrible disease, if timely treatment is performed. But if you give up, you may experience the following complications:
Not to bring your body to such situations will help simple prevention of varicose veins.
Many expectant mothers interested in the question: "If there are varicose veins during pregnancy, what to do?" The correct answer is to carry out a timely prevention:
- Forget about posture "foot to foot" in the sitting position.
- Do not abuse harmful products, contain cholesterol.
- Maintain your weight at a certain level.
- Get rid of the narrow, constricting and uncomfortable clothes.
- The same should be done with shoes. It is in any case should not be one size smaller.
- Avoid constipation.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.
- If you do standing work, find 15 minutes to rest.
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, engage in Hiking for 2 hours.
- Wear compression tights or stockings.
- Minimize alcohol and coffee.
- Give up Smoking.
Traditional methods of treatment
Folk wisdom in the treatment of varicose veins can be used as a standalone, and as an additional method.
Medicinal recipes can be divided into compresses and teas.
- Garlic. Dilute one to two garlic (chopped) and vegetable oil. Applied on the diseased veins in the night.
- Kalanchoe. The flower leaves infuse in the alcohol for three weeks. To the resulting lotion wipe the affected areas of the veins.
- Raw mashed potatoes – the best remedy against fatigue and swelling of legs.
- Nettle. One teaspoon dried herbs pour 300 ml of boiling water and infuse. Drink 0.5 cups 3 times a day.
- Nutmeg. Spoon one tablespoon of nutmeg powder to dissolve in 200 ml of boiling water and add honey. Drink an hour before meals with one glass a day. An effective tool even in the later stages of varicose veins.
When there is varicose veins during pregnancy, popular methods of treatment is the best medicine!
Using herbs and infusions, be sure to consult with your doctor. Home herbal medicine though and has established itself well in the treatment of many diseases, but sometimes it could backfire.
Of varicose veins and childbirth
Of course, minor varicose veins – it is not the indication for cesarean section. If varicose veins on the legs with a solution of special compression stockings that put on before giving birth.
But if discovered varicose veins during pregnancy in groin, the picture will be different. The fact is that during childbirth a woman can get breaks that often affect varicose veins. And it becomes a cause of bleeding and infections. Therefore, the varicose veins of the pelvic organs often refuse to have natural childbirth.
The expectant mother is recommended to get checked out by phlebologist, who will make recommendations about the delivery.
Varicose veins after childbirth
Many postpartum varicose veins goes. However, if not, it's time to treat the disease. Risk to the fetus is already there, so you can use all the possible methods of treatment. One simple and effective is sclerotherapy, in which medicine is injected in the patient's vein using a thin needle. The procedure is performed under anesthesia. After the completion of the scars remains.
Also should continue to wear compression underwear, and Hiking. Now walking is more fun because you're with a newborn baby!
Varicose veins – a disease in which the veins lose their elasticity. A huge impact the disease has on hormones. Any hormone fluctuations may adversely affect the legs (the main attack of varicose veins).
Many moms-to-be interested in, why am I getting varicose veins during pregnancy, how to treat the disease, not to harm yourself and your child? The best therapy is regular and healthy lifestyle, walks in the fresh air and compression. From medication and surgery pregnant is better to abstain.